Egg bound chicken or sick chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mattsiewrt94, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mattsiewrt94

Mattsiewrt94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't see nothing wrong with her she eats drinks and does everything else but I was feeling on her chest where her food stores at and I could move something there so I thought it would be an egg that's stuck or something idk it kinda scared me what could that thing be I can move in her chest she still uses the bathroom I took a picture of it because it looks alittle weird or like she's sick or something

2. Mattsiewrt94

Mattsiewrt94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    [​IMG]
    I just took this she went on her eggs now she was on them before but then I felt that thing so I picked her up and she went to the bathroom and got back on her 3 eggs

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    You are probably just feeling her crop with food in it. In the morning when her crop should normally be empty, feel of it to see if it is full and hard. That might be impacted crop. If it is full and squishy with a lot of air, it may be sour crop. If her crop is impacted, give plenty of water and massage the crop several times a day. Make sure you give her some probiotics a couple of times a week--a small amount of buttermilk or plain yogurt would work, too. Here is more information about crop problems: http://www.tillysnest.com/2012/01/crop-issues.html

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by