Egg bound duck HELP

Puff_and_Waddles

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2020
Charlotte, NC
My duck has been unable to stand up or walk since yesterday morning. Because we haven’t gotten any eggs from her in the past 3 days, I’m assuming that she’s egg bound. We’ve tried giving her a warm bath hoping that the egg would pass through, but nothing happened. We’ve massaged around the cloaca, but didn’t even feel an egg. I’m really worried about her (her name is Waddles) because she hasn’t had the strength to eat or drink, so now her beak is getting dry. She just drags herself around the run with her wings. This is my first duck to do this so I’m kind of freaking out. Does anybody have any idea what we can do to help her???

My duck has been unable to stand up or walk since yesterday morning. Because we haven’t gotten any eggs from her in the past 3 days, I’m assuming that she’s egg bound. We’ve tried giving her a warm bath hoping that the egg would pass through, but nothing happened. We’ve massaged around the cloaca, but didn’t even feel an egg. I’m really worried about her (her name is Waddles) because she hasn’t had the strength to eat or drink, so now her beak is getting dry. She just drags herself around the run with her wings. This is my first duck to do this so I’m kind of freaking out. Does anybody have any idea what we can do to help her???
members.jpg

Back
Top Bottom