1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg bound? Please please help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ohelo Lilikoi, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Ohelo Lilikoi

Ohelo Lilikoi Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2012
    This morning my hen seemed a little slow and not acting her usual normal self. This evening I found her sitting in a nesting box with no eggs. I pulled her out and there was what looked like a rubbery runny egg she was sitting on and it was all over her feathers. So, I took her in and cleaned her off and she drank some water and ate some food, but is still so lethargic and seems a little uneasy on her feet. When I let her back out, she walked straight back to the nesting box and went back inside and laid down. Her vent doesn't look prolapsed, but she's having bad watery diarrhea and her bottom seems quite red underneath her vent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was reading that you could give them some liquid calcium. Where can I get this, besides online? I wanna try it tonight.

Thank you so much in advance!

2. K R 2709

K R 2709 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2013
    BC, Canada
    Egg shells ( washed and crushed up )have lots of calcium

3. Ohelo Lilikoi

Ohelo Lilikoi Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2012
    Thank you!

4. K R 2709

K R 2709 Chillin' With My Peeps