Egg / Breed / Size / Purpose Chart?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Juise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Juise

Juise Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    I once saw a chart linked up on BYC that was very nice, I thought it was a BYC chart, but it could have been a link to an outside site. Now that I really want to reference it, I can't find it anywhere!

It had a picture and breed name of each chicken down one side, then next to each it listed what color and size eggs they laid, I believe also the size of the chicken, the purpose of the breed,etc.

Anyone know what I am talking about and where I can find it?

Thanks!

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. Juise

Mar 4, 2011
    Looks like a different chart than the one I saw before, but same idea. Thank you!

4. Juise

Mar 4, 2011
    I did look at the BYC chart, but I was having trouble finding the information I was looking for and thought the chart format made it easier to compare.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I think you're talking about the old BYC chart before the revamp (pre February) - It simply listed chicken breeds alphabetically and with little info down the lines like egg size, temperament, broodiness, heat/cold tolerance, etc. and a little picture for each one.

The chart is now different in that it has ratings, reviews, and doesn't show the breed info unless you click the breed or select from the side to narrow down the list.

6. Juise

Mar 4, 2011
    I think so, too. The old list made it easy to compare, and get the basic details at a glace. I wish we had both, they are usefull in different ways. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by