Egg Breed?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Clucker86, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Clucker86

Clucker86 In the Brooder

Dec 23, 2017
    I am incubating for the first time and ordered 12 mixed eggs online unfortunately only 11 arrive intact. My question is can anybody identify what breed of chicken will hatch from these eggs? 20180120_154257.jpg 20180120_154257.jpg

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member 9 Years

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Any guess would be just that - a guess. Did the seller indicate any possibilities ? The small egg is most likely a bantam.

Clucker86 likes this.
  3. Squishychicken

Squishychicken Songster

Oct 13, 2017
    there are many chickens that lay those color eggs so we can only guess. I'd wait till the chicks hatch and grow there feathers in then we can guess the crosses.

Clucker86 likes this.
  4. Clucker86

Clucker86 In the Brooder

Dec 23, 2017
    Seramas, Polands, Sussex, Bantams, New Hampshire, Pekins or Wyndottes. I thought maybe they might be identifiable by the shape size or colour of the eggs.

5. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma Premium Member

What did you order?...would narrow it down then..

6. Feathers4Fun2

Feathers4Fun2 Chirping

Mar 11, 2016
    Jayess, Mississippi
    Humm, Interesting question. Not having ever mail-ordered hatching eggs I would be interested in your experience of doing so. Who did you order your hatching eggs from? Do they offer a catalog? What motivated you to choose them as opposed to another? The other day I read a review of a hatchery that marked the breed of eggs they shipped. Sorry I can't help you definitely identify the breeds you received. It seems to me, the number one question among poultry enthusiasts is, "Is it a hen or a rooster?" I did come across an interesting project in the Netherlands called Project In Ovo that is developing a way to identify the sex of a chicken before it hatches. Hens are far more valuable than roosters and here is why. thanks for your question.

Clucker86 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: