Egg Candler

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by farmer_lew, Jan 24, 2011.

1. farmer_lew

farmer_lew Hi-Tech Redneck

Jun 29, 2010
    In the hills
    I am looking to acquire an egg candler. So far, my initial search for one has come up empty. If anyone has an extra one, or has upgraded and looking to get rid of their old one, let me know. Maybe we could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement.

2. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    Go to any hardware or camping section of your local Wal-mart and pick up one of those mini-LED flashlights. They work better than any of the expensive candlers.

3. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

We'll try that (speaking as Farmer Lew's other half hehehe). We have an LED flashlight we've been using, but it's kinda big & a pain in the neck to use. I like the idea of picking up a smaller LED light at the hardware store. It would be easier for me to handle anyway because I'm pretty petite with really small hands, and I have a little trouble cupping my hand all the way around the egg over the lens of the LED flashlight we're currently using.

4. Fourgirlsoneboy

Fourgirlsoneboy Pullus Parvus

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    Quote:This is what I was going to say too! They sell them at tractor supply for $4 I think [​IMG]!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by