Egg candling help

Jada22

Songster
Feb 24, 2022
Egg one I’m thinking of tossing because of the weak shell at the end. Would it be best to toss it? Also what does the triangle type shape mean?
Egg 2 (2 pictures) does this look normal?
Eggs are on day 4

Attachments

• 71B5A92D-D303-4313-94DB-8AC3A3FB0429.jpeg
    71B5A92D-D303-4313-94DB-8AC3A3FB0429.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 14
  • B92D19E6-7389-4D61-A323-D7585B96ED5D.jpeg
    B92D19E6-7389-4D61-A323-D7585B96ED5D.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 2
  • F3F16FA0-1C33-4D92-A135-5917F8B06E13.png
    F3F16FA0-1C33-4D92-A135-5917F8B06E13.png
    3 MB · Views: 2
I wouldn't toss any yet as they are only on day 4 u won't be able to see much development yet, it's best to wait until day 7 befor tossing any,are they ordered or from your flock? The weak shell might be ok as long as it's not cracked . Good luck I hope u have a good hatch 🤞🐣🙂

I wouldn't toss any yet as they are only on day 4 u won't be able to see much development yet, it's best to wait until day 7 befor tossing any,are they ordered or from your flock? The weak shell might be ok as long as it's not cracked . Good luck I hope u have a good hatch 🤞🐣🙂
Thanks, they were shipped to me, they shipped in under 24 hours.
I’m not entirely sure what I should be looking for since I don’t see any veins etc. I’ve seen lots of posts on this but the eggs are usually showing veins by day 3. I’m not entirely sure how to know about the air sac either. The incubator is automatic turner but it’s hard to tell if the eggs are being turned properly.
I may have made a mistake by buying a cheap incubator. I have a brinsea coming in a few days manual turner so might put half in each incubator and see how they turn out.

I’m not entirely sure what I should be looking for since I don’t see any veins etc. I’ve seen lots of posts on this but the eggs are usually showing veins by day 3. I’m not entirely sure how to know about the air sac either. The incubator is automatic turner but it’s hard to tell if the eggs are being turned properly.
I may have made a mistake by buying a cheap incubator. I have a brinsea coming in a few days manual turner so might put half in each incubator and see how they turn out.
Cheap incubators work just fine as long as you pay attention to the temperature and humidity level. No matter which incubator you have you cannot trust the built-in thermometer or humidity gauge. You must always purchase separate thermometers to calibrate and a humidity gauge to salt test.

Overheating eggs is deadly.
Keeping them a degree or to cooler is not near as deadly as keeping them too hot.

Cheap incubators work just fine as long as you pay attention to the temperature and humidity level. No matter which incubator you have you cannot trust the built-in thermometer or humidity gauge. You must always purchase separate thermometers to calibrate and a humidity gauge to salt test.

Overheating eggs is deadly.
Keeping them a degree or to cooler is not near as deadly as keeping them too hot.
Thanks, I have separate thermometers which are showing roughly the same temperature as the incubator itself.

Thanks, I have separate thermometers which are showing roughly the same temperature as the incubator itself.
I would not toss any eggs until you are 100% positive which would probably be closer to day 7 or 10 for most people.

There should be zero doubt by those days if your eggs are developing or not.

Your welcome, I am currently incubating shipped eggs as well ,I always candle shipped eggs befor setting them to check for detached or ruptured aircells u can tell by loose air bubbles or the aircell in the fat part of them eggs looks loose and wiggles around as the eggs are moved ,I read that incubating in upright position and hand turning can give the air cells a chance to reattach ,if they do it will take up to day 12 . At this piont in the incubating (day 4)seeing veins is difficult due to the egg pigment the first sign of development looks like a very small circle in the yolk and the yolk won't move around as much when u turn the egg showing something is happening inside the egg. As far as checking they are being turned properly I mark the eggs with a sharpie on either 2 sides or 4 with automatic turner I like to number the eggs then mark the other 3 sides to see how far they are being turned.good luck 🤞🙂 can't wait too updates

Your welcome, I am currently incubating shipped eggs as well ,I always candle shipped eggs befor setting them to check for detached or ruptured aircells u can tell by loose air bubbles or the aircell in the fat part of them eggs looks loose and wiggles around as the eggs are moved ,I read that incubating in upright position and hand turning can give the air cells a chance to reattach ,if they do it will take up to day 12 . At this piont in the incubating (day 4)seeing veins is difficult due to the egg pigment the first sign of development looks like a very small circle in the yolk and the yolk won't move around as much when u turn the egg showing something is happening inside the egg. As far as checking they are being turned properly I mark the eggs with a sharpie on either 2 sides or 4 with automatic turner I like to number the eggs then mark the other 3 sides to see how far they are being turned.good luck 🤞🙂 can't wait too updates
I couldn’t and still can’t see an air cell so not sure if they were detached. But I did set the eggs pointy side down for 24 hours before incubating. Thank you I will try the sharpie to see if they are being turned correctly

Back
Top Bottom