Egg cartons - best prices?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kipper, Jan 3, 2010.

1. kipper

kipper Chillin' With My Peeps

I would like to buy egg cartons online and have been a little overwhelmed by the variety of prices and shipping costs. It varies so much and I can't tell the quality of each product.

I would love some feedback regarding good deals and quality of cartons you may have bought. Thank you!

2. gkeesling

gkeesling Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Hagerstown, IN
    I haven't every bought egg cartons as I've had enough people give me cartons that I probably have a lifetime supply. Everyone I sell eggs to, and family, always saves their egg cartons for me. But, I did come accross an egg carton site you might check out as you compare prices. It's www.eggboxes.com

3. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    i too have never purchased them, but i have looked at them online. I wouldn't be able to tell you what a good price is BUT i bet if you told people at work or the people (if you sell your eggs) that purchase them to return them.... you'll be set. word of mouth works pretty good. the people i sell to @ work usually return them. and family members of mine that don't buy them usually give us a couple extras when they have them.
    good luck!

4. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

eggboxes.com is where we always get ours. They have misprint specials. Right now they have 150 for $34.50 with free shipping. Haven't found any place cheaper.

5. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    I put an ad on my local Freecycle saying I wanted egg cartons and was inundated with people ready to give them to me....

6. kipper

kipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you. Eggboxes.com does have good prices.

We are currently using used boxes, but if we choose to see "off site", Washington requires new boxes by law. So, we will need new ones if we choose to go that route.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

My feedstore sells them for 28 cents apiece.

Imp- At one point the local grocery store checkers gave them to me for free. That store closed a couple years ago.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  8. hensplease

hensplease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    egg cartons.com is where we got ours (the more u order the more u save)

9. popcornpuppy

popcornpuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    I get mine at my local feed and grain store. Slightly cheeper than eggcartons.com

They are $0.30ea at my local store for plain gray, holds one dozen egg cartons

10. hensplease

hensplease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    o we averages our out to 16 cents on egg cartons when we bought 300 misprints

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by