EGG CARTONS NEEDED ASAP!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Illinois_ Kelly, May 26, 2008.

1. Illinois_ Kelly

Illinois_ Kelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    Hey Everyone!
    I'm looking for eggs cartons. I know many of you may throw them away without thinking of recycling them. Our church, school, and local Girl Scout chapter use them for crafts all the time. I've donated so many that I've caused myself to run short for my own fresh eggs that I sell. I thought it would be a good idea to see if any of you have some that you'd be willing to donate. We'll take as many as you can get. If you're interested please message or e-mail me!

Thank you so much!
    Have a great week.
    Kelly

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Kelly,

You can also put a request for egg cartons on your local freecycle.org or craigslist.org. We did that and were overwhelmed by the number of egg cartons that we received.

Chel

3. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

eggchel,

did you have the people drop the cartons off at your house or what?

4. Illinois_ Kelly

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    eggchel,

I've done both and no responses. I'm actually surprised that I haven't heard from anyone yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though. They're currently in need of at least 150 cartons, so I'm looking down every avenue that I can think of. If you come up with anything else, please let me know!

Thank you!

Kelly

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I would bet that most of us on here are always short on them too and have none to spare! [​IMG]

6. Illinois_ Kelly

Sep 13, 2007
    Marion, Illinois
    Katy,
    The local groups I mentioned are a very good cause. I was willing to donate several times, so I bet some others are too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I know there are probably some on here who don't sell eggs and may have some just lying around. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. [​IMG]

I've been notified of 5 cartons so far! Yay!

Kelly

7. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Sorry we are always short, I buy them all the time. Asking on a chicken forum might not be the best place to look we all need cartons lol. Maybe try Freecycle lists where people don't have their own birds. I buy them at the feedstore for .20 each. goodluck!

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi check with a bakery. That is where I get mine......for free!!!! They are overflowing with egg cartons. Hope this helps! [​IMG]

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    You can also put a request for egg cartons on your local freecycle.org or craigslist.org. We did that and were overwhelmed by the number of egg cartons that we received.

Chel

What a great idea...and the bakery is a great idea too!​

10. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    I get mine from my brother in law who works at a high end supermarket and he uses eggs to make crab cakes and other stuff. The bakery is a great idea. Anyone who uses eggs, maybe in the supermarket itself is a good place [​IMG] If you were closer I would gladly ask him for some. I have two dedicated egg customers that I see weekly and I use the hard plastic cases and we rotate them, I have to get more of them.

Deborah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by