egg cartons to hold eggs in bator???

adiekaty

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
Banner, Wyoming
i know there are other post, but I'm wondering specifically about using cardboard cartons, with holes cut in bottom to use in my Brinsea octagon 20 incubator. I hate the egg dividers it came with. trying to find another method that wks. should use styrofoam instead? I have the humidity pump added to the incubator, so the cardboard may soak up to much moisture?

thoughts??
Thanks!

I use cardboard egg cartons for hatching in my octagon 20. I also have the pump and they don't soak any moisture up. I'm not sure how they would work though with turning of the incubator as the divider rails and foam dividers are designed to hold the eggs where as with cartons the eggs may fall out as the incubator turns.
Just wondering what your reasons are for not liking the dividers?

the eggs don't fit properly in the dividers. too much wiggle room i guess? how many can u fit in yours? i was mostly hatching searamas, but now its large fowl, I'm wanting to put 24 in there.. doubt they will fit.

I only do 12 at a time so have no trouble. I do them in two rows but would def have room for another 12 in another two rows. I do sometimes have them quite close together for better support. If only using the metal dividers you shoukd def be able to get 24 in. A little bit of movement between the dividers shoukd not be a problem. I don't think you fit 24 in using egg cartons. This is just after hatch with mine with 2 egg cartons in

Last edited:
No probs keep us posted on how you get on. Maybe have a practice first with some normal eating eggs first to find the best way for you to fit them all in :frow

Back
Top Bottom