Egg Cartons/Trays

TSOWOATNKC

Songster
Jun 11, 2018
The Egg Carton Store has clear plastic trifold cartons, I ordered 35 of those today. What I really wanted to get, but the shipping was astronomical (almost 2/3 the price of the trays alone) was their turkey/duck vented egg trays. Has anyone used those before? Right this moment we're getting anywhere between 4-6 eggs a day between our 22 females. My plan is to get a second fridge, and have washable egg containment with dates on them so we can use them in order as easily as possible. I'd vastly prefer the vented trays, but the penny-pincher in me can't stand the idea of paying almost as much for shipping as I do for the product itself.

Why do you need special cartons for your duck eggs ?? My jumbo chicken eggs fit in cartons but the lid didn’t stay closed ...

I’m just curious since I bought 3 khaki Campbell ducks today , I want to be prepared ....I hate shipping costs too

Seams to me you can buy single cartons at TSC that wouldn't cost anymore than that . Course I'm not a big fan of Amazon. I can and have always found it cheaper somewhere else . Is this what you are talking about ? I use them .Ordered a hundred You can use the small side or the big side .I love thee things . You can stack them loaded ten high .These are kinda high $2.34 each . Better to buy bulk and split the order with friends . The 99 count deal is the best one. This is a current add on EBAY that is where I got mine
Egg trays.JPG

Seams to me you can buy single cartons at TSC that wouldn't cost anymore than that . Course I'm not a big fan of Amazon. I can and have always found it cheaper somewhere else . Is this what you are talking about ? I use them .Ordered a hundred You can use the small side or the big side .I love thee things . You can stack them loaded ten high .These are kinda high $2.34 each . Better to buy bulk and split the order with friends . The 99 count deal is the best one. This is a current add on EBAY that is where I got mine View attachment 1514692

Those hold considerably smaller eggs from what I see. My Pekin Double yolk eggs are seriously enormous. Regular Pekin eggs are pretty big, double yolk eggs look like dinosaur eggs next to a chicken egg. I tried the cardboard ones from my local farm supply (2 for $1!), and the Pekin double yolk eggs basically balance precipitously on the top and don't get really held unless I rubber band the lid closed.

Those hold considerably smaller eggs from what I see. My Pekin Double yolk eggs are seriously enormous. Regular Pekin eggs are pretty big, double yolk eggs look like dinosaur eggs next to a chicken egg. I tried the cardboard ones from my local farm supply (2 for $1!), and the Pekin double yolk eggs basically balance precipitously on the top and don't get really held unless I rubber band the lid closed.
True I have that problem with a few of my marans eggs . They are made for chicken eggs they will hold a jumbo chicken egg but a double yolk is out of the question . If you search you have to look at the out side dimensions. 11 &3/4 inches is what they measure . I have twenty egg trays that are more like you would need .Where to find them:idunno And then there are these
green trays.JPG
I can't imagine you eggs are bigger than turkey eggs, these however say they are for ducks turkeys and larger eggs in general . They just cost a lot :eek:Look for incubator trays on ebay or amazon. The red ones work great for me . They just don't make cartons geared for super large duck eggs do they :confused:

Back
Top Bottom