egg cartons

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Larry in Hawaii, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Larry in Hawaii

Larry in Hawaii Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2015
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Well, we have finally gone through the egg cartons we had and wondered where on line is the best priced cartons to purchase. Farm store here want $1.00 each

2. jk47

jk47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2013
    CA
    I dont if there the best price but I buy from falcon packaging

3. 45ishChickenMom

45ishChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    I've gotten them from MyPetChicken.com and a local Midwest chain, Farm & Fleet. Under $.35/carton, I believe.

4. Larry in Hawaii

Mar 27, 2015
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Just checked with MyPetchicken.com and you are correct, only 35 cents each. But when ordering 100 of them, the shipping to Hawaii doubles the cost. I did find some on Amazon for 40 cents plus free shipping. Thanks for the info

1 person likes this.
  5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Being OCONUS is a bit of a complication to many of the better priced retail options - and shipping to OCONUS locations does often add an extra expense to shopping online. I am glad to see you were able to find a good solution to your need. One other thing to consider is, if you are not opposed to or restricted from using (regulations can vary if/when you are using them to distribute your eggs via sale) "used" cartons you can often find a good supply by posting to local B/S/T pages on FB or on CL for folks that will willingly give you their used cartons (it's amazing the number of cartons some folks have tucked away).

6. Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    I agree on people goving them to you. And the extra (if you sow your own seed) just add some dirt and you have seed pots [​IMG].

7. Zinniah

Zinniah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2015
    Texas
    I just deleted this whole comment, you have to contact zellwin and get a special quote, to have your order shipped to Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico. I think special quote is code name for expensive. Lol, good luck, I hope you can find some egg cartons locally.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  8. Larry in Hawaii

Mar 27, 2015
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I was thinking the same about good condition used cartons. I posted in a couple places on Craigs List. And even offered to barter fresh eggs, so we will see. We have asked friends to save them for us, but nothing has come in as yet.

9. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

A friend of mine gets his from a local cafe, they go through heaps of cartons of eggs and are happy to get rid of the cartons. He does eat there every now and then though.

10. mechanic57

mechanic57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2014
    That's a good idea. Bakeries also use lots of eggs. I got mine online at eggcartonsonline.com for about $.35 each. I got the ones that are made from recycled cardboard. They smell funny and I had one person I sell the eggs to notice the smell. But they hold some darn big eggs. I can even close the lid with my double yoke eggs inside there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by