egg cartons

eureka63

Hatching
Oct 30, 2016
Hi - would love some suggestions for ordering egg cartons online - I only have 10 hens, but I have been getting a lot of eggs! Need cartons for giving eggs to friends and neighbors. Would appreciate any guidance on the best place to order them!
Thanks!!!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I ordered in bulk from Amazon as it was cheaper to buy this way. They had quite a lot of choice as in colours, material, size etc.

Hope you are able to find the ones you need :fl

Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I've been looking at egg cartons and there is quite a few places. Amazon is not the cheapest though.

Here are the few I've checked out. They are pretty close. Can't remember which I decided was best because I decided to hold off. And asked everybody to save cartons. I wanna say the ones I saw might have gotten down to 38-42 cents.

And I think it's important to decide which kind you like. For me the most durable are the paper pulp ones hands down for many reasons. And I would buy them unmarked. I also like the view top ones over the solid top. Although the solid top would be easier to put a logo or something in the long run.

Here is my google search for the places I was considering...

//www.google.com/search?q=egg+cartons&rlz=1CAHPZZ_enUS574US575&oq=egg+cartons&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j69i60j0l2.9846j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I got mine on Amazon. Type in extra large egg cartons, they hold up to 70 grams, just under 2 1/2 ounces or type in jumbo egg cartons if your eggs are larger or you have pullets that are laying large or extra large now could be laying jumbo size in the near future like my 9 month old Golden Comets. Got 3 Jumbo from 5 girls today. So keep that in mind. GC

I reuse commercial ones and my customers bring theirs back for further reuse,
someone at the mill drops off scads of them,
but I don't sell to the general public and only a half dozen or so customers.

Back
Top Bottom