egg cartons

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TLWR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Ok, 3 ducks laying means more eggs than we can use without us eating way too many eggs on our own.

Does anybody know of a good place online to order 6 count egg cartons - for a decent price?
    We don't want a buttload of them since it's just max 3 eggs a day, but at least enough to get us through a few months if we sell or give them away.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I don't know much about this, but there is eggcartons.com and they are selling some six-count cartons that are seconds - I was looking at them myself, today.

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

TSC sells the dozen cartons for 49c, I wish they would also sell the half doz cartons to.

4. duck_shepherdess

duck_shepherdess Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2010
    Can you cut the dozens in half? [​IMG]

5. 10ducks

10ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2009
    Dexter, Michigan
    Not hijack this thread... but had anyone seen jumbo-sized paper 6-egg cartons? I've looked and looked and I can find plenty of jumbo-sized paper dozens, but not half-dozens. I don't want to cut the dozens in half because they are for retail sale and I don't think it looks good.

6. duckfat

duckfat Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2010
    Michigan
    We use these for our commercial accounts. They hold pekin ducks eggs very well.

7. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
    you can have family and friends save egg cartons for u. i have never in my life bought an egg carton. to me this is silly. aspecially if your not selling them.

8. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    critterranch,

you are blessed with faithful family and friends. I did not buy any until I had none. Some are just not good at remembering to save or bring egg cartons. I have a boughten box of cartons so that when, not if, the freebies are all gone, I will have something to put eggs in.

9. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
    i guess i am blessed than i have over a hundred stocked piled. i threw out probly 30 just because they were in my laundry room and i got sick of them because they were in my way.

10. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Both DH and I thought we saw 1.49 on the 12 pack ones at Tractor Supply.
    I stopped today when I bought dog food and checked again. Picked up four of them since we had a ton of eggs in the fridge already. They are indeed $0.49, not the 1.49 we thought we saw.
    So I now have 2 dozen eggs in cartons in the fridge [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by