Egg cartons?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Egg Rookie 2010, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    I just gave $21 for 25 clear plastic cartons at eggcartons.com. Does anyone have a better source? Ebay only has clear quail egg cartons. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I didnt see anywhere else it fit.

2. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Do they have to be clear?

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
  4. Egg Rookie 2010

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    Yeah I need clear...part of my marketing strategy. Im rural and my customers are city My eggs-although still small because they are new layers-are suddenly in very high demand. I cant get enough produced with my 11 birds. My eggs are blue, greenish, light pinkish brown and dark brown. Such a beautiful box of eggs. I am packaging in clear boxes so the customer can admire them every time they open the fridge. I had cool cards made that I stick on top of the boxes they can remove, tie the box with a pretty raffia bow and the city folk go crazy like they are boutique eggs! I offer a discount if they return the carton to me for subsequent orders but some are being given as gifts and I dont always get them back. So I need a better stash than the 25 boxes for 20 bucks. That isnt cost effective.

5. suzyQlou

suzyQlou Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Dillsburg, PA
    My Coop
  6. suzyQlou

suzyQlou Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Dillsburg, PA
    My Coop
    BTW, I think your marketing strategy is wonderful. I bet your eggs look beautiful!

7. Egg Rookie 2010

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    suzyQlou WHOO HOO! That is a much cheaper price by the 100 count at this place. I book marked it and will buy from there. Thanks for your input.

8. greenSearcher

greenSearcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Texoma
    Check on their specials page. A couple days ago I got 420 clear plastic for $55 and free shipping. The specials are good through the 17th. That will last me most of the next year, I sell about 10 doz a week. It is surprising how quickly the egg cartons go even if you sell/give only a few dozen a month.

9. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

I would love to see your packaging. I live in a resort town and would have the same market. [​IMG]

10. Egg Rookie 2010

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    DANG I wish that special was still running! I need boxes! I only have 11 birds laying and I have every egg not even laid yet sold. Ended up going $3.50 a dozen and have a nice little sticker saying to please return the carton. Here is a photo...of todays batch.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by