egg cartons

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Farmerboy16, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    Does anyone know where I can get new egg cartons cheap with free shipping? I am not allow to use reused egg cartons to sell eggs at the farmer's market according to the health inspector. [​IMG]

Thanks for the help. [​IMG]

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

egg cartons.com... I would however check your states health codes. I've never heard of using reused egg cartons to be wrong. We do it all the time and we are usda inspected.

3. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    Its is a law here in Mi. [​IMG]

4. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Quote:He's not necessarily right, but on the other hand he can make things pretty hard for you.

There is nothing in the Michigan Egg Law that says you have to use new cartons.

This document for licensed Michigan producers says that their interpretation of federal regulations on the matter is that new cartons are "recommended". Most states interpret that to mean that the cartons need to be clean and not contribute to contamination and deterioration regardless of whether they are used or not...

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mda/MDA_EggProcLicGuid8-17-10_331083_7.pdf

New cartons are expensive. At the best you are looking at 30 cents a carton delivered.

5. florida lee

florida lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Morriston,fl
    I see them all the time at Tractor Supply Company if you have one in your area......

6. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    Eggcartonsonline is where I get mine. I buy the paper pulp ones because everyone here does recycling. The pre-printed foam ones 34.10 for 100 pieces (have the nutrition and handling stuff already on them). The pulp ones are 43.99 for 125 pieces: Both have free shipping and offer lower prices for high quantities.
    Good luck with that health inspector.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by