1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

egg cartons???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by peepmommy, Mar 1, 2012.

1. peepmommy

peepmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    I can't find any! I have hit up everyone I know and many people I don't! I've checked freecycle and craigslist. Any other thoughts?? My girls are laying and I can't keep up!!!!

2. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    ...your local elevator? Thats where I get most of mine. Plus I have had friends stockpiling them for me...

3. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    I just got lucky. When my girls first started laying I began giving all my extra eggs to my three neighbors. When I brought the first dozen to one of them she happened to mention that she saved all of her egg cartons and could I use any. She gave me 24 egg cartons and now I just require that any person that I give eggs to must bring the egg carton back to get another dozen.

4. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

Most feed stores sell them. Around here, they go for about $.30 each. I also require people give me a carton in return when they buy eggs. Otherwise, I charge an extra $.50 for the eggs.

5. orumpoultry

orumpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2012
    Trinity, TX
    TSC's sell them. They're on sale right now for .29 but usually sale for .49 at my store.

6. thecluckcrewcam

thecluckcrewcam Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2012
    i got mine at my local feed store i would try there and they where cheap and did not have a brand e.g egg lands best in the carton they just said fresh organic eggs from cage free hens they don't have to be cage free though
    hope that helps
    win
    thecluckcrewcam.com

7. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

eggcartons.com Thats where I get mine

8. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

X2

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    My neighbor says to check the recycle bins. I get mine from the neighbors and they get free eggs if I can get away fast enough before they shovel money on me.

I saw posts on craigs selling them. One time I bought from the feed store and paid (with tax) .75 cents for just 2.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  10. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Do you have any diners near you?
    My neighbor works at a small sandwich shop
    which specializies in breakfasts, she brings me
    dozens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by