Egg color questions

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jacob42, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Jacob42

Jacob42 Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2009
    Saginaw MN
    We have 2 polish hens and 2 silkie hens, the polish have been laying for awhile and one silkie just laid her first egg, We are wondering how long it will take for the eggs to be white instead of pink.

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Silkies lay BROWN eggs. Not pink or white. I don't think you have silkies. Can you post pics of your "silkies"?

3. Ms~Silkie~Girl

Ms~Silkie~Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    New York STATE
    no Silkies lay White eggs

4. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Chillin' With My Peeps

5. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    my silkie is laying pure white eggs so far... only had one that was very lightly tinted.

eggs are TINY and only come every other day, like clockwork!

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I guess I learned something new. My bad about the false info. [​IMG] BUT Jacob42 said that their "silkie" lays PINK eggs. That cannot be right!

7. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Chillin' With My Peeps

Pink could be considered tinted, couldn't it? Maybe a very pale brownish.. mine are kinda pink too. Don't feel bad! We are all here to learn... specially me! [​IMG]

8. Jacob42

May 14, 2009
    Saginaw MN
    [​IMG]

Here is a store egg, white, then a polish egg what I call pink cuz its not white and looks pink to my eyes, and a silkie egg which also appears to be pink to me, call it brown if you want to, I am just saying that to me it looks pink. I am told polish and silkies lay white eggs and I was just wondering when they would look white. If they dont then they should be called cream color or something other than white. I am told my Favorelles will lay cream color eggs, does this mean they will be the same color or will they be different? The only ones I know for certain is the Murans will be laying chocolate eggs.

On here they seem to appear a bit more brown or tan, but they do appear more pink in person.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My polish lays white eggs....

10. Jacob42

May 14, 2009
    Saginaw MN
    white as in store bought eggs? or creame like these Mahonri?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by