Egg color variation from my Olive Egger

My Three Chicks

Crowing
May 3, 2021
Seattle, WA
My Olive Egger is in her 2nd season of laying. Just started up 2.5 weeks ago after taking off 4 winter months! She's always laid big beautiful green eggs. But I have noticed that her eggs are a now wide variety of green shades. Mint green last week. Olive green this week. Is this normal? Not complaining I love them all. Just want to make sure she doesn't have any reproductive glitches. (She's very healthy. And my only colored egg layer...my other 2 lay brown.)

Attachments

• 20230224_084821.jpg
    20230224_084821.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 32
Their eggs get lighter as they get older and as their laying cycle progresses. On the other hand I have an olive egger who just started laying and her eggs are getting darker so I'm not sure if thats a hard and fast rule. Maybe its an olive egger thing? I've never had one til now but I've had ameracaunas and noticed a variation in egg color with them.

My Olive Egger is in her 2nd season of laying. Just started up 2.5 weeks ago after taking off 4 winter months! She's always laid big beautiful green eggs. But I have noticed that her eggs are a now wide variety of green shades. Mint green last week. Olive green this week. Is this normal? Not complaining I love them all. Just want to make sure she doesn't have any reproductive glitches. (She's very healthy. And my only colored egg layer...my other 2 lay brown.)
Mine's still young, & lays different colors here, & there.
20230122_104052.jpg

Their eggs get lighter as they get older and as their laying cycle progresses. On the other hand I have an olive egger who just started laying and her eggs are getting darker so I'm not sure if thats a hard and fast rule. Maybe its an olive egger thing? I've never had one til now but I've had ameracaunas and noticed a variation in egg color with them.
Exactly so far my girl is getting darker too! 1st season was on the lighter side of the spectrum. So fun and interesting!

Exactly so far my girl is getting darker too! 1st season was on the lighter side of the spectrum. So fun and interesting!
I used to get chickens based on how pretty they were. Now I just want colored eggs and nice attitudes lol. Most of my current flock lay brown eggs but I have one Ameracauna and one BCM that should lay soon and an olive egger that beat them to it. I'm so excited for the colored eggs again!

I used to get chickens based on how pretty they were. Now I just want colored eggs and nice attitudes lol. Most of my current flock lay brown eggs but I have one Ameracauna and one BCM that should lay soon and an olive egger that beat them to it. I'm so excited for the colored eggs again!
I'm totally with you! I have 3 'rainbow' egg layer chicks coming at the end of Mar. Really want a blue egg layer.
Will be fun for you to see what shade of blue you get and chocolate brown... Mmm

Back
Top Bottom