Egg color

gpamela3499

Songster
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Catawba NC
What color are the eggs of
Bantam Cochins, a frizzle that looks like a cochin, Buff black tailed Japanese, Sultans, white silkies, Lakenvelders, and Russian Orloffs, and a golden sex-link. I got one tiny pinkish white egg and want to know who possible laid it. I also want to know about what I can expect in the future. My bantams might just have started laying eggs or one of the standards might have and this is her first small egg.

it was the easter bunny... he had too much to drink last night and got a little confused....

sorry... i got nothing... and i should really have omeone take my keyboard away.. lol..

my bantams aren't laying yet, but i got some silky eggs in the mail, and they were all shades of creamy to light tan to pale pink...

My Bantam Cochins lay a tan egg or a light brown, if you will. Same with my Frizzles. My Silkies lay more of a cream color egg but I have seen a few that were a tan color. Lakenvelders are an off white but not exactly cream. And the sex links, especially the reds, will usually lay a brown colored egg.
The others I can't help you with as I have never owned those breeds.
The only birds here that lay a pinkish egg are my Rocks, Barred and Partridge.

Ok Thanks
That covers the frizzle, the cochin, the Silky,the sex link, and the Lakenvelder.

What abut the Buff black tailed Japanese, Sultans, and the Russian Orloff?
Anyone know about them?

Quote:
lol.png

Look at the breed index chart here on BYC. Pink eggs are not listed but any of the "light brown" eggs can have a pinkish cast to them. I have a bantam cochin that lays a pinkish light brown egg.

Back
Top Bottom