Egg colors?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chick1043, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Is there a way you can tell what color your Ameracauna pullets will lay? I have a 28 week old Blue (grey) ameracauna bantam that made a little nest in the nest box yesterday!! Won't be too long before she should start laying!!! xD

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    I also have another LF ameracauna..goldish/blackish looking colors?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  3. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Oops! Posted twice!

4. JenniferNgo

JenniferNgo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2011
    Texas
    No, they are somewhere on the olive green all the way to tealish blue. No way to predict if you will have more green or blue in a specific hens eggs. They are like finger prints, each one lays her own special color!

Have fun!

5. K-12 Chickens

K-12 Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Michigan
    An Ameraucana I had had red earlobes but she laid greenish-blue eggs. I think the only thing to do is to wait(which is very exciting!). [​IMG]

6. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Alright thanks! :)

7. Rileysixchix

Rileysixchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine "Kinda" resemble the color of their legs. Mainly you can tell that with my white ones. One has more green legs and lays a greener egg compared to the other bluer legged (and egged) one lol. Now don't hold me to that it might just be chance!

Have fun! and post a pic when you get your first! Its always so exciting!!![​IMG]

8. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:okay! i will!! :)

9. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Ameracuana lay blue eggs and only blue eggs. Easter Eggers (mislabeled by hatcheries and feed stores as Ameracuana) lay green, olive, brown, blue, pink colored eggs. Now way to know before an EE lays what color she will lay. However once she lays she lays the same color for her entire laying life, sometimes fading in color, but once olive always olive ect.

10. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    SHE LAID TODAY!!! FINALLY!!!!! And yes. She is a full Ameracauna. :)
    Stormy-
    [​IMG]
    Her 1st egg!!!!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by