Egg Cookbook??

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by khable, Aug 17, 2007.

1. khable

khable Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good Egg Cookbook??

I don't even have anyone laying yet!! [​IMG] But it is just on the horizon!

But I am looking for all kinds of ways to use up these eggs I am gonna get!

thanks!

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Hi,

I was looking for the same thing, and found the American Egg Board. Obviously, they want to promote egg use...

http://www.aeb.org/Recipes/Desserts.htm

Lots of different choices on that site, and no cost [​IMG]

3. khable

khable Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    That is EGGsactly what I was looking for!!! [​IMG]

Thank you wegotchickens !!! [​IMG]

If anyone else has some more I would welcome them!

4. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
  5. SandraChick

SandraChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I have the farmstead egg cookbook...

Totally over rated. Ads talk like it's going to deal with different sized eggs etc....all it did was talk about small eggs (bantam) and large eggs have a different ratio of whites to yolks and to consider that when using different sized eggs. Then it only had one method to do hard boiled eggs that required peeling them right away and thus were only good for one week in the fridge....

Not worth the money....

Now I see some other books on amazon that look better!

Sandra

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Lately I've been requesting books from the library that I'm thinking about buying. It saves me from wasting $!
    But receipes on websites are even better, since they're free. I've been printing them out, testing them, and then adding them to a binder if we like them. They get recycled with the paper if we don't like it.

7. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    My mother just gave me this cookbook but I haven't tried anything out of it. Still waiting for my very first egg! It got good reviews on Amazon, anyway.

8. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Has anyone thought about the possibility of BYC making their own cookbook and selling them? Kinda like we did with the bumper stickers. No contest, just recipes. Just a thought. I'm looking right now on how to make some eggs tonight for supper. We're having breakfast for dinner and I'm tired of over easy or scrambled. Want to try something new. What's everyone else think?

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Omelets!! There are Soo many ways to make them, and each one can be made to the persons likeings! Ham, bacon, turkey, sausage...or ALL! LOL
    Cheeses, onions,green peppers ( or red and yellow) Garlic....spinich...Ohhh the possibilities!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by