egg ..cooler?

Melilem

Songster
13 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Florida
I want to make an egg cooler to store my eggs at 60 degrees, then set them once a week. I can't find anything ready-made to suit my needs. Has anyone made something like this, and could share their ideas?

Quote:
Get a small second hand refridgerator, and use an external temp controller.

Set the fridge controller to max cooling, and plug the fridge into the controller.

Ranco make very good ones, you can see one in the incubator in my sig.

Quote:
Get a small second hand refridgerator, and use an external temp controller.

Set the fridge controller to max cooling, and plug the fridge into the controller.

Ranco make very good ones, you can see one in the incubator in my sig.

Quote:
OK, first of all, you CAN NOT store eggs at 60 degrees F. It is WAAYY too cold! Temp. MUST be up to 96-101 degrees F. and no higher than 105 and no lower than 60. Please keep humidity in mind too!
wink.png
It MUST be at least 30-40% during the first 18 days . Then turn it up to like 60-70% a few days before hatching.
And aslo, i made one! But I didn't use a cooler, i used a box, but it's built the same way. MissPrissy has a cooler bator and also here is a link to YouTube.com where someone shows how to make one. Good luck and I hope it all works well for you! Mine does!
jumpy.gif

Good luck!
fl.gif

Quote:
OK, first of all, you CAN NOT store eggs at 60 degrees F. It is WAAYY too cold! Temp. MUST be up to 96-101 degrees F. and no higher than 105 and no lower than 60. Please keep humidity in mind too!
wink.png
It MUST be at least 30-40% during the first 18 days . Then turn it up to like 60-70% a few days before hatching.
And aslo, i made one! But I didn't use a cooler, i used a box, but it's built the same way. MissPrissy has a cooler bator and also here is a link to YouTube.com where someone shows how to make one. Good luck and I hope it all works well for you! Mine does!
jumpy.gif

Good luck!
fl.gif

This is completely wrong, sorry.

Storage temp. is as described, INCUBATING temp is the higher one.

Hi 77horses. I don't know how you keep your incubator below 50% humidity here in Maine
tongue.png
I was actually talking about egg storage that is cold enough so that they will not grow, but warm enough that it does not kill them. I want to reproduce the spring temperature during which eggs lie dormant while mother hen builds up her clutch.

Thank you, thank you Twigg! Thats just the kind of easy, no power tools involved approach I wanted to hear
smile.png

Quote:
I keep mine in eggs cartons and put them in a draw in the bedroom, i would say they stayed right around 50-70 and ive never had a problem with hatching them.....

About the keeping your hum below 50% do you add water to your incubator ???

My aunt has a large chicken farm for hatching egg production. They have a "cool" room that stays at exactly 60 degrees all the time in which the eggs are stored until they are picked up by GoldKist to take to the hatchery...usually twice a week.

Quote:
I read 77 post, and understand it was about a cooler incubator. Like the first 18 days , must be at least 30% to40%. is a statement about incubation.

Back
Top Bottom