Egg count for January

BigLar368

Songster
Jun 12, 2020
Southeast Texas
Being our ducks started laying in November I have started the new year keeping count of how many eggs we get for each month for this year. We have 4 Welsh Harlequins and 19 other various chicken breeds. All the birds were laying at the first of the year except one. The last hold out started laying in the 3rd week of the new year. Total for January for the chickens was 494 and 114 for the ducks for a grand total of 608 total. I figured They would slow down being winter but they keep producing. To be fair though we live in Southeast TX so the winters here are mild compared to some.

We have really enjoyed keeping up with them and giving away all the eggs.

So the totals for February are down some because we had some uncommonly colds for quite a few days. Duck total was 105 and chicken total was 435 for a total of 540. It's already warm and muggy here and I doubt we will see anymore cold weather so I'm fairly sure we will see more eggs in March.

The numbers are in for March. Duck total is 122 and the chicken total is 510 for a grand total of 632. Warmer weather really helped. All four ducks laid at least one egg everyday in March except for two days. They are egg laying machine. I also had my first day in which every bird laid at least one egg in one day.

Back
Top Bottom