Egg Cradle / Egg Turner Question PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JordanFamily, Sep 17, 2009.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    I got the following used incubator and it came with Ostrich egg cradles instead of the chicken ones I need. Does anyone know where I can get the chicken ones I need, that would fit this incubator? It is caled a Total Hatching System or at least that is what it says on it. Please take a look and let me know if you know where I can get them or if you have any ideas on what I can do instead? I would also like advice and opinions if anyone has any... I used a styrofoam before and had 100% hatch the first time and 0% the second time... So thought I would try a used, more expensive bator this time... Thanks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

ups i don't know and as information, the bator price don't always reflect the quality.

as long as temp and humid good and of course no power outages, $5 will better than $100 bator that can't keep good temp and humid. [​IMG]

3. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Quote:True sooo True... But I had $100 burning a whole in my pocket and my son stepped on, and broke my styrofoam bator so this was a great deal...

4. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] ups, i never let anyone get closer than 2 meters from my bator, i make a big warning for everyone to read and spend only $4 for my styro bator.

5. toxo

toxo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Gillingham, UK
    It's hard to see how the trays fit in from your photo. If you can take out the ostrich ones, just make a tray that'll take a normal egg carton.
    Take a look at my BYC page to get an idea of what I mean.

Paul

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by