Egg dance

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Geckochick, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Geckochick

Geckochick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    I HAVE EGGS!!!! Well, the hens have eggs but they have finally shared them with me!!!!!

Funny because usually I make many trips down to the coop throughout the day and today I neglected the girls because life got in the way. I just went down now to shut the door and there were two gorgeous brown eggs in the nesting box. What a great day. [​IMG]

And then, I shared them with my kids, who were so excited to see them because we have been waiting.... I put them carefully on the counter on a cloth and turned to get my phone to text DH and tell him. Mr 3 decided he wanted to play with the eggs and cracked one. [​IMG] Not my brand new egg.... !!! [​IMG]

So now I have one perfect egg and one slightly mangled cracked egg to show DH when he gets home.

Still excited![​IMG]:woot

2. FiFiFeather

FiFiFeather Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    North Washtenaw County
    Yay! Congratulations!

3. Geckochick

Geckochick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    Thanks!

In all my excitement, I meant to put this in egglaying... and put it here. Sorry.[​IMG]

4. mama dixie

mama dixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    even in a different spot a new layer or two is so nice [​IMG]) we just got our first dark brown egg from our welsumer (sp)

I first saw it and thought what the heck did an egg go Bad. then I was so excited when the chocolate hen that is her name ran over and pecked me, then I knew it was hers. that same night our cockatiel layed an egg, a bit smaller :O

congrats again on the eggs...

5. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Congrats to you and to the chickens on their first egg!!

6. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I am so excited for you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by