Egg deformation???

KettermanHillCoop

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 23, 2017
Pennsylvania
Those in the know...could you please take a gander at these egg pics for me? Something wrong? Just normal odd egg? Safe to eat?
Thanks in advance for any insight!

20180402_094821.jpg
20180402_094709.jpg 20180402_094704.jpg 20180402_094642.jpg 20180402_094715.jpg 20180402_094745.jpg

Thanks for that link! I believe I figured out a very good possibility. Stress...

Saturday, Miss Fancy flew out the door over my head as I was adding sand to their dust tubbie before leaving to do the Easter with relatives thing. Doing something nice for the "kids"...you know that translates int..."Mom is throwing another hawk into the run!" all panic ensues. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo...my process of getting the rogue chickens back into their area is I block off the doorway from the coop to the run...open the coop door and then shoo said hen to the opening. They go in, I close the door. Well...I have a broody hen at the moment...Miss Mocha. So in addition to closing off the run, I closed the pop door to the roosting/nesting area so that Miss Mocha wouldn't be able to escape (not that she would but just in case). Leaving the food area and area under the bedroom open. Well...in all the hoopla of taking two tries to get her back to safety, I completely forgot to open up the roosting/nesting (bedroom) area door. :he The poor babies were locked out of their bedroom over night. Quite stressful, I'm sure (I'm such a horrible Mommy :oops:). Come Easter morning I had my very own Easter egg hunt. :p Two eggs were in the area under the bedroom and one was out in the run tucked into the corner where the tubbie and a tree limb is located. That egg looked like the "White Banded Egg" in the article. Now this egg today looks like the "Slab Sided" egg in the article. Both have "stress" as a cause.

I'll try to keep things happy and stress-free...and normal routine. Hopefully eggies will return to normal.

With your internet browser. I wish there was a way to bookmark articles along with threads. That is a feature only PF Members can do. I see you are one. Recently I forgot to renew my PFM, and all my bookmarks were gone! I joined back to the ranks of PFM and the system saved them for me.
Again, i wish there was a BYC bookmark article option but you will just need to save the web link in your browser.;)
Ha! More than one way to pluck a chicken! I just bookmarked your post...with the link to the article. lol Yeah me!

Thanks for that link! I believe I figured out a very good possibility. Stress...

Saturday, Miss Fancy flew out the door over my head as I was adding sand to their dust tubbie before leaving to do the Easter with relatives thing. Doing something nice for the "kids"...you know that translates int..."Mom is throwing another hawk into the run!" all panic ensues. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo...my process of getting the rogue chickens back into their area is I block off the doorway from the coop to the run...open the coop door and then shoo said hen to the opening. They go in, I close the door. Well...I have a broody hen at the moment...Miss Mocha. So in addition to closing off the run, I closed the pop door to the roosting/nesting area so that Miss Mocha wouldn't be able to escape (not that she would but just in case). Leaving the food area and area under the bedroom open. Well...in all the hoopla of taking two tries to get her back to safety, I completely forgot to open up the roosting/nesting (bedroom) area door. :he The poor babies were locked out of their bedroom over night. Quite stressful, I'm sure (I'm such a horrible Mommy :oops:). Come Easter morning I had my very own Easter egg hunt. :p Two eggs were in the area under the bedroom and one was out in the run tucked into the corner where the tubbie and a tree limb is located. That egg looked like the "White Banded Egg" in the article. Now this egg today looks like the "Slab Sided" egg in the article. Both have "stress" as a cause.

I'll try to keep things happy and stress-free...and normal routine. Hopefully eggies will return to normal.
I bookmarked that article and reference it myself on occasion. The Author Sumi, did a wonderful job on it's creation. Glad I could help.
Best regards,
-connie

@Farmer Connie how do I bookmark an article? I purchased the premium membership so I could bookmark stuff...but I don't see anywhere to bookmark the article you linked. :idunno
With your internet browser. I wish there was a way to bookmark articles along with threads. That is a feature only PF Members can do. I see you are one. Recently I forgot to renew my PFM, and all my bookmarks were gone! I joined back to the ranks of PFM and the system saved them for me.
Again, i wish there was a BYC bookmark article option but you will just need to save the web link in your browser.;)

Dang...I'll have to do that when I'm playing on my phone. Can't save stuff to this computer....;):D:old

Back
Top Bottom