1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg diarrhohea!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Monkan, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Monkan

Monkan New Egg

Jun 16, 2007
    One of our chickens has laid 5 eggs in one day! The first one was normal but after that they've all been soft shelled. She's laid the odd soft shelled egg before but usually it's just one. She seems pretty tired and has gone to roost when all her freinds are still up scratching. They've got oyster shell grit and calcium in their feed. I'm new to chicken keeping should I be worried?

2. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Wow! I've never heard of this before! The occasional extra egg in a day, but certainly not 5 in one day. How is she doing today?

3. Monkan

Monkan New Egg

Jun 16, 2007
    We got 2 very soft shelled eggs yesterday both randomly dropped in the run (1 Burst) and no eggs today. She seems to be a bit livelier now so maybe things have settled down.

4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    I hope so. That's the weirdest chicken thing I've ever heard of! Glad she's improving.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by