Egg discrimination

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by vckums, May 9, 2009.

1. vckums

vckums Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    California
    Wasn't sure what else to call it. LOL Since we now have 4 chickens we are getting more eggs and I offered 2 friends some. They both passed on free eggs. When I asked why they said that it was because they weren't the normal white eggs. I even explained that these would taste better and are from chickens who are fed organic foods, laying pellets and free range in the yard.

What more to tell them to atleast get them to try an egg?

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Yeah some people freak because your eggs came from real chickens. And they fell out of a chicken's butt. [​IMG]

If you could get them to go online and just look up where THEIR eggs that they buy from the grocery store came from, then they just might wake up.
    I offer my boss fresh eggs all the time. He's a city boy from California and he always passes on them. Then there is another lady in the office who jumps up and down with excitement when I bring her a dozen.

You really can't force the issue, but you can consider yourself what they're missing for sure!

3. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    We know plenty of people like that, and you can't convince people who don't want to be convinced. [​IMG]

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    my dad is convinced that because i have a silkie rooster that is in a pen with 3 silkie hens... ALL my eggs are no longer good to eat...

my silkies are in a pen away from my egg layers...

even if the rooster had access to my egg girls the eggs would be fine but to try and tell a 65 year old self proclaimed "farm boy" this is impossible [​IMG]

5. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    I'll be your friend and accept free eggs [​IMG]

6. vckums

vckums Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    California
    CMon over Okiron! lol

I'm gonna think of a way to pass off food to them. Oops my bad did I tell you that I added fresh eggs to that dish? [​IMG]

7. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    We have a neighbor that can not eat the fresh eggs. He says that the yokes are to yellow.

8. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote:Haha I think I would do the opposite. "Mmm, I made some delicious cheesecake but I guess you wouldn't want any because I used fresh eggs in the recipe." [​IMG] I am evil.

9. swedishfish

swedishfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    My hens lay slightly smaller eggs because they're show chickens, but my dad and grandma and I eat them all the time. My mom won't eat them because all the thinks about are little chickies coming out of them.[​IMG] Maybe letting my broodies hatch their own eggs was a bad idea [​IMG]
    Tell them that your eggs are fresh and that the eggs they get at the grocery store are weeks old. Tell them your hens aren't crammed into cages and that they get to see the sun. Tell them that my grandma fully endorses my eggs and that she's the best grammy in the world! IDK...

10. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    I have a friend who calls fresh farm eggs "homemade"[​IMG] I have told her that the eggs that come from the store can be up to 30 days old and still be called "fresh". But it does no good. Well that leaves more for me I guess!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by