1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg Eating Hen...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sheena85, Apr 16, 2012.

1. sheena85

sheena85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    Hart County,Kentucky
    We bought 2 white hens and a gray cochin and one of the white hens was cought in the act of eating an egg from the cochin hen's nest...we have moved her away from them...they are all being feed very well with high protein food's and egg laying food...what else can i do ? is she no good or how do i break her from it ?[​IMG]

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I've heard you could blow out an egg and fill it with mustard, they eat it, don't like it and are supposed to stop. I've never had an egg eating hen (unless someone lays a soft shell). Honestly, if she were mine and eating my eggs, I would turn her into a pot of chicken and dumplings. Good luck.

3. sheena85

sheena85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    Hart County,Kentucky
    thats what we had in mind lol but we were going to see if there is any hope for it at all....

4. Marbleeeh

Marbleeeh Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2012
    Have fun with that... egg eating is hard to cure.... but I would say to cull her, or blow out an egg and fill it with hot sauce. >:D
    Or just threaten to sell her to KFC. That never fails. Lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by