1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg eating Polish

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Equus5O, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so ticked off! I've had two Polish hens since July. I've only gotten a few eggs from them (they're the only white egg layers I have). I figured I just had a pair of deadbeat chickens, or maybe they're so flighty that they won't lay. I dunno. But, I kept them around. Actually, I figured I had a lot more than just two deadbeats. Out of 15 hens, I'm getting 7 to 9 eggs a day. Is my head in the clouds, or what? This morning, my husband caught one of them in the act.

I don't want to sell the egg sucking Polish; that just wouldn't seem ethical to me. I don't have anywhere else to put her. But [​IMG] I don't know if I can do it. Maybe my mother will do it for me. Hmmm .....

2. shaggy

shaggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Orange, Texas
    mmmmm polish chicken noodle soup

3. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:That's the only thing I can think of. I just have to get my mother to do it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by