egg embyro or yolk moves when turning

ilovejonathanduncan

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
I have 7 chicken eggs and some of them have 1 red dot or line in the yolk or embyro i dont think their past 6 days or not even close but are they ok? It moves with the turrn

If they have a red dot or vein they are okay. If they aren't even to the 7 day mark I wouldn't worry just yet. I don't pull eggs until they start showing signs of bacteria or they are for sure clear (their mates are showing movement and they are just a yolk).

So you don't know when you set them?

Punctation would be helpful in this situation.

the persn that sold them to me said they were 5 days 2 days ago so i think their seven but all i seeis yolk and red dot or vein just one though and is it norma for yolk to move when i turn

the persn that sold them to me said they were 5 days 2 days ago so i think their seven but all i seeis yolk and red dot or vein just one though and is it norma for yolk to move when i turn

It doesn't matter how old they were when the person sold them to you unless they were incubating them (well it does matter...but as long as they are at least 10 days old it shouldn't matter).

Incubation starts when you put them in the incubator. So you set them 2 days ago? Then they are due the 16th? I would just wait until this saturday and candle then. I know it is hard to wait, but that would be the best thing to do.

Quote:
To some extent, yes, especially if it has only been in the incubator a few days. The more sudden the movement, the more likely this is to happen. With experience, you come to learn the difference between what is normal and what is abnormal. Slight movement, sort of more like quivering, is ok. If the whole thing sloshes around, that is bad. Not always fatal, I've been incubating geese this spring from shipped eggs, they mostly came with severely detached air cells, but with a little time and very gentle handling, the air cells did stabilize. They didn't have a good hatch rate at all, but most of them did at least develop, and what I found ironic was that a couple of the ones that hatched were the ones with the worst movement originally, which is the opposite of what I had expected.

The yolk floats to the top.
If you are turning them and candling from the side you'll see the yolk moving to the top.
Totally normal.
Doesn't mean fertile or not fertile, its just how the yolk rotates inside.
Like the previous posters advised, wait until about day 7 before you worry about checking for development.
Good luck with your hatch.

Back
Top Bottom