1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Egg Fart!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Maryallison, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Maryallison

Maryallison Songster

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    In the years I have had chickens I have only had 1 of these before. It is so itty bitty and cute. Tomorrow I plan on cracking so scope out the inside! I showed my daughters (ages 3 and 7) and my 3 year old can say "Egg Fart" She is so cute!

2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Those tiny ones are so fun!

3. juliawitt

juliawitt Songster

Aug 9, 2009
    Got my first "tiny" fart egg from my 17 week old Buff Orp last night! I was just shocked. These Orps make a Honking sound when they cluck. They really don't sound much like chickens at all. My husband and I make fun of the gentle things for their very sad sounding clucks. I had just gathered eggs and was cleaning and filling up waterers, when an Orp came running out of the house making the highest pitched "HONK" I had ever heard. I ran to make sure she was fine, and after some petting, she settled down. I went back into the house to "fluff" their litter, and found the tiny prize. No wonder she made her "HONK" noise. She was just saying "wow, I thought it was just a fart----Mom, what did I just do!"

4. kudzu vine

kudzu vine Songster

Oct 4, 2008
    Olive Branch MS
    I got one too a few months ago. I poked a hole with a needle in each end and blew the inside out. It was only the white. It's our conversation piece.

5. Maryallison

Maryallison Songster

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Cute stories! My hens is a very pretty black cochin, Henrietta

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: