Egg flats and cases- for restaurant delivery

Discussion in 'Quail' started by BrokenPaddle, Apr 14, 2017.

1. BrokenPaddle

BrokenPaddle Just Hatched

Dec 27, 2015
    Chico TX
    Hi all,
    I've googled around and am not finding what I'm after.. perhaps someone here can set me in the right direction.
    I'm looking for quail egg flats and cases. Like the ones restaurants get chicken eggs in. The paper filler flats and the matching cases to pack them in.
    I've found numerous flats but none fit the standard 12x12 cases we use. And strangely I don't find the cases appropriate for the flats listed.
    I've searched this forum exhaustively as well and most threads are concerned with shipping. I plan to add quail eggs to our restaurant sales availability and would prefer to deliver all the same type of flats and cases. Disposable (paper) is a must as they always lose plastic reusable flats.

2. MainelyQuail

MainelyQuail New Egg

Mar 18, 2017
    Maine

I tried the flats and they just crush the quail eggs. I deliver in the gqf quail racks for the incubator. Holds 10 dozen each one.

3. BrokenPaddle

BrokenPaddle Just Hatched

Dec 27, 2015
    Chico TX
    Mm yeah looking at those prices I'm gonna have to say that's far too spendy to never see them again. I'm after disposable ~ .30 cents each
    My chef is far more concerned w training his staff to do what he needs. Egg flats are by and far nowhere near any sort of priority. Once I pack eggs I have to commit to saying goodbye to the packaging.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by