Egg found in pool

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Bestchickens, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Bestchickens

Bestchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2012
    Today I went out to the chicken coop and went to clean my goose pool and I found a egg in the pool. It is white and pointy at the top. It has to be either my geese or my turkey. Because I don't have any white egg laying chickens. This is the first egg I have gotten from the pool and the only white egg I have ever got. What could have later it's egg in the pool?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I've had my pekin hens lay eggs in their kiddy pool before. Doesn't happy often so I don't get to worried about it.

3. Bestchickens

Jul 4, 2012
    But the egg wasn't big like a goose egg should be. It was the size of a large chicken egg

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    How old is your goose? most are finished laying for the year but I have seen where a few folks are still finding eggs. Has she ever laid before? Sometimes they will lay a smaller egg than normal especially when they first start to lay. Seems odd your turkey would stand on the side of the pool and lay an egg. I don't know maybe it's just me. [​IMG]

5. Bestchickens

Jul 4, 2012
    They are only a few months old and she has never laid an egg before. And my turkeys aren't even layin yet.

6. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Your goose will not lay an egg at a few months old she won't lay till next spring. must have been some random bird that passed through.

7. Bestchickens

Jul 4, 2012
    Is it possible that a wild duck could have later it's egg in the pool? Now that I think about it it does look like a duck eggs.

8. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Do you have any Ducks besides the geese and turkeys???

9. Bestchickens

Jul 4, 2012
    No only chickens, geese, turkeys, and guineas

10. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    It's a mystery, do you have a game camera? maybe set it up at the pool and see if anything stops by.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by