Egg Full Of Meat Boggles Me- Disgustingly graphic picture/video

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kedreeva, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I cracked this one open with the other 3 eggtopsies I did today... and I literally could not find words to describe it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have NO IDEA what this is or what is going on here. It smelled, but it didn't reek like an egg bomb (I have smelled those, and that is something I will never forget). I have an extremely strong stomach, an amazingly, extremely strong stomach... but once I had this thing out of the egg into a bowl, even I couldn't bring myself to get a better look at what had happened. This thing literally looked like it had just started growing meat with no particular pattern or order in mind [​IMG] There was part of a duckling in there, from what I could see, but not much of one or it hadn't gotten very far before... this.

I got some video of all that I could stand of looking at this thing if you want to see this meat monstrosity in motion.

The only thing I did check before tossing this sucker into the woods for the coons was that the liquid flowing out at the end was not like.... liquified yolk coming from what there was of the chick's belly. Indeed it was not, it was just a hole in the meat oozing the most disgusting liquid known to mankind [​IMG]

What could possibly have caused this besides the DNA just going nuts and exploding meat everywhere inside this egg?

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    [​IMG] I wont do "eggtopsies" for just that reason! Could this be due to too much humidity? [​IMG]

3. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    [​IMG] The video almost made me toss my cookies. Nasty [​IMG]

4. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Could this be one of those freak 'egg within an egg' situations?

5. Kedreeva

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I don't think it was too much humidity... I have seen that before, and it looks NOTHING like this.... this was just.... ultra special disgusting. Besides, the rest of the eggs hatched mostly ok, or at least FORMED right. @[email protected] This just boggles me.

6. Kedreeva

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Quote:I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this.... what is this occurrence?

7. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm gonna repeat what I said on the Eggtopsy thread:

Blearrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!

That thing looks like someone scrambled an egg with Spam, had it for breakfast, puked it up, and stuffed it back into the eggshell. Disgusting.

I have a pretty strong stomach, too, but that thing made it flop.

Gakkkk! [​IMG]

8. SG_Chicken

SG_Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Not sure either since I am new to all this. I have an ultra strong stomach adn that wasn't really that bad. I know one thing though it was for the best it didn't hatch, God doesn't make junk this one was best left up to him. Glad it wasn't more than one or you would have a larger probability of mutations in the future.

9. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Honestly.....this looks like the eggs I pop in the compost pile. Usually they are started but die at some point. Upon candling I pitch them, but if they don't break....they just sit there and rot. Then I come along with my pitchfork a few weeks later and start flipping compost and see a whole egg and pop it. Out oozes that kind of stuff. I think it just rotted/cooked after it died.

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I think it is what's called an egg lash or lash egg.
    There's not much on the net about them. Some references on British forums. They all look a little different and most think they are either tissue or a shellless egg that gets enveloped in an egg before the shell is formed. They also seem more common in older hens.
    I found this out after the big "Eggroll" egg thread last year, when I was getting curious.

http://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article/WeirdEggs/WeirdEggs.html

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/rule-roost/strange-object-nest-box_25234.html

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=281517

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by