1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Egg grabber at NASCO.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WoodlandWoman, Jun 13, 2007.

1. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    For any of you that might not be as limber as you once were, NASCO has a reacher to grab eggs.

http://www.enasco.com/ProductDetail.do?sku=C19078N

I have a Golden Retriever reacher, but the tips don't have a very good shape for grabbing eggs. This one is much nicer! It looks like little round rubber cups on the tips. This might even be nice for mini coops that you reach into, when those naughty hens lay in a corner, instead of that nice nest box you provided. Or tractors that are low to the ground.

Whether you're disabled, stiff or just plain fat, it's handy! [​IMG]

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    kewl i want one !!!

3. WoodlandWoman

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I was looking online for a small, lightweight, hanging waterer to show my DH, for our new chicken tractor and just saw this egg grabber at MM, also. It's amazing how much stuff I'll get, just to have my babies hang out by the patio with me, while I have morning coffee! [​IMG]

4. crazy4daisy

crazy4daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Hey, that's good for in the summer when you don't fell like reaching into the nesting boxes because of snakes [​IMG]

5. WoodlandWoman

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    EW! Even though my husband is a manly man, when I tell him everybody's snake stories, he always says how grateful he is that we don't have that problem. I'm with him!!! [​IMG]

Hey, do you think this would work with mean broodies??? It'd be hard to see what you're doing, though. Maybe Kevlar fish cleaning gloves would be better for that! [​IMG]

6. crazy4daisy

crazy4daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    I'm seing some kind of scene unfolding like.....

*poke* *poke* "You stupid hen! What are ya gonna do now? Huh? Huh? Yeah, that's right, it dosen't hurt the pokey egg stick when you peck it! WHAT NOW!!!!!! *poke* *poke*

7. WoodlandWoman

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    OK, this is really making me laugh, now! I've never had a problem with any of my girls, but I have a parrot that's a real pistol sometimes. My husband was the favorite at first and I got threatened with the beak. Then he decided that I'm a babe. Mostly, he decided I'm a babe that cooks and makes a fine personal slave, so now my husband "gets the beak!" I don't think I should let my DH read this thread or Kirby better watch out! [​IMG]

8. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    You can get something similar at WalMart or some drug stores pretty cheap. A little adaption at the end is all that would be needed.

9. Sharona

Sharona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2007
    Illinois
    you guys always make me giggle! [​IMG]

10. suburbanhomesteader

suburbanhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Was I the only one who couldn't get the pictures to load up on that site?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by