Pics

izzyschickiess

Chirping
Sep 2, 2021
this is the first egg of the clutch and pipped this morning and started zipping soon after
but they have not made any progress in more than 4 hours and the membrane looks like its dry and looks like its going hard humidity is 75-80% and temps are high end of 37c
baby is peeping and trying to get out.

another egg has pipped the wrong end of the egg

this hatching business is far too stressful!! anyone have any ideas??

this is the first egg of the clutch and pipped this morning and started zipping soon after
but they have not made any progress in more than 4 hours and the membrane looks like its dry and looks like its going hard humidity is 75-80% and temps are high end of 37c
baby is peeping and trying to get out.

another egg has pipped the wrong end of the egg

this hatching business is far too stressful!! anyone have any ideas??
its now been 8 hours and the membrane is turning yellow, but shes still peeping and pushing but cant zip shes got a big crack but only when she pushes can it be seen SHES TRYING SO HARD ITS BREAKING MY HEART

its night time here so im going to go to bed and hope shes alive in the morning and if she is i will start assisting :idunno :bow😭

can anyone please give me some advice i really want this baby to hatch because shes one of the last of my poor roo who had to go away,
her down has started drying shes been stuck so long 😭😭😭

If not:
Don’t freak out, since he’s still alive and pushing his way out, he is still strong. Start peeling egg shell ONLY in a zipping line, making it natural. Don’t do too much, just about two thirds of the way around.

Take a look at the membrane. Does it appear stuck to the chick? Can you see blood?

Rub some coconut oil on the membrane if you have any to check for veins, but I don’t think there will be any. If you don’t have coconut oil, follow this:

Peel back some of the membrane. Little by little. If there is no blood, keep going until you get to where there is shell. If you see blood, stop and leave him in the incubator for a couple more hours, then try again.

If you have questions don’t be afraid to ask.

If not:
Don’t freak out, since he’s still alive and pushing his way out, he is still strong. Start peeling egg shell ONLY in a zipping line, making it natural. Don’t do too much, just about two thirds of the way around.

Take a look at the membrane. Does it appear stuck to the chick? Can you see blood?

Rub some coconut oil on the membrane if you have any to check for veins, but I don’t think there will be any. If you don’t have coconut oil, follow this:

Peel back some of the membrane. Little by little. If there is no blood, keep going until you get to where there is shell. If you see blood, stop and leave him in the incubator for a couple more hours, then try again.

If you have questions don’t be afraid to ask.
do i assist now or in the morning?

okay so i got her out of the bator and cracked the shell off in a zip for her and softened the hardened membrane.
i put her back in to finish the job herself just as another baby hatched all by themself!.

humidity stayed up the whole time and i was quick in and out so i doubt there will be many consequences!

shes working her way out as i type! thank you for motivating me i was hesitant even though i had done this before hahaha

okay so i got her out of the bator and cracked the shell off in a zip for her and softened the hardened membrane.
i put her back in to finish the job herself just as another baby hatched all by themself!.

humidity stayed up the whole time and i was quick in and out so i doubt there will be many consequences!

shes working her way out as i type! thank you for motivating me i was hesitant even though i had done this before hahaha
is it normal for a chick to still have a little bit of yolk peeking out?

also it looks like the membrane dried out already again??

Back
Top Bottom