Egg hatching early?!?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenbuttsowhat, Jul 22, 2011.

1. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    I took her eggs away and made my EE hen stop brooding cuz been so hot she already hatched out chicks 3 weeks ago so thought it was time to make her stop she had been sitting on these eggs for 2 weeks now so i knew they should be hatching sometime this week.So i put the eggs in with the eggs that i put in the bator on the 10 remember 10 cuz that was day of mine and my bf 1 year anniversary. This morning went to roll eggs and heard peeping sounds so first thought oh the 2 eggs i brought out from under my hen last week finally hatching but when when i picked both up no sounds so thought odd. so when my bf woke up i asked him to go listen and see if he could tell where the peeps r coming from the peep was coming from one of my eggs marked 10!! WHAT can this be. has anyone have an egg hatch a WEEK early before? the other 2 that suppost be hatching still quiet and not moving and i got them marked so i know what is what. so i dont understand why this lil egg is hatch a week early?!

2. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

WOW! This has never happened to me, But it could probably be that when that egg was being stored before incubation, that it was stored in a warm place where it could have started developing before u put it in the bator. Thats about the only thing I could think of that could make sense, unless the egg is magical or something so what I would do would be just leave him in there until he hatches and is all fluffy, meanwhile while hes hatching, you could make a makeshift brooder out of a carboard box and line it with news paper at the bottom, with a heat lamp. He can stay in the bator for about a day and a half,I guess thats how long you have to buy him some chick food , but if you cant buy him food, you can hard boile some eggs then crumble it up for him. You've got lots of time to do this so dont worry. Good Luck! [​IMG]

3. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    thanks cant wait untill it comes out and see which one of my hens baby it is i hope its my SLW so fare havent had any chicks from her makes me wonder if shes even laying eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by