egg help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Nichole Murphy, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Nichole Murphy

Nichole Murphy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2014
    So this the 22nd day for this egg and the temp has been perfect along with the humidity I had been candling this egg every once in a while and seemed fine but when it didn't hatch I candled again and saw this. Alive or no? [​IMG]

2. zach91

zach91 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2015
    I had a few of those also this past month so I cracked them to c what happened and mine all died about day18

3. Nichole Murphy

Nov 9, 2014
    Did you find out why?

4. zach91

Feb 16, 2015
    I've been reading a lot to include stories guide to raising chickens third edition. Best I came up with is to low of humidity so I bought a fan for my bater and just started again yesterday

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I'd give it at least a couple more days, if all has been well so far. Have you tried the float test?

Search this site for assisted hatching by Sally Sunshine. Its got great instructions!

Also if it ends up not making it, google for chicken embryo stages, there are a couple pages out there with wonderful day-by-day pics of the growth process that will show you exactly what day it died, if it comes to that, which I hope not!

Good luck, keep us posted

6. zach91

Feb 16, 2015
    Yeah the float test works great

7. Nichole Murphy

Nov 9, 2014
    thanks I will and I have several others too! I will try the float test!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by