Egg Identification!!??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ms.cluckling, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ms.cluckling

ms.cluckling Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Can you think of any common (not rare breeds or anything, since I got it from a rancher who doesn't show the chickens or anything--just for eating) Bantams that lay white eggs? Cause, I have one, and I think its a bantam. It's small, solid white, and its name is E. Egg e. It could especially think its a bantam because its hatching early (its wiggling and shaking and its only day 18)

Are bantams generally good birds to have as pets? Arr they more tempermental or more shy than other chickens?

Another one of my eggs is really long. The width is normal, just the length is huge, and I know it's not a double yolker, because I candled it. It is a solid light brown/beige and is named 7. Does anyone have any guesses as to what 7 might be? (I have lots of beige eggs, but none as as big as this fella)

And yet ANOTHER one of my eggs COMPLETELY throws me off... It's a medium to light brown with brown/black speckles all over it. It is medium sized, and is so dark/thick, I couldn't see anything in it until day 14. that's when I was sure it was fertile. I've never heard of a speckled chicken egg before...

I'm so sorry to be bothering all of you, but I am anxious to know! I'm new to this, and I've never raised--or even so much as touched a chicken before (except to eat it )

Thank You!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    I have four bantams, a White Crested Black Polish Bantam, a Black Japaneese bantam, a Splash Dutch bantam, and a Blue Light Brown dutch bantam, they're shyer than the rest, but careful.. the big breeds might step on them ;3 Lol! [​IMG] But they are very friendly, and like to be handled (Well mine do... xD) Sorry, I'd probably need a pic to tell you the breed =/. But have fun!

3. ms.cluckling

Dec 20, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    any ideas about the speckled one?

4. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    ms.cluckling :

any ideas about the speckled one?

honestly it doesnt sound like it is a chicken egg.... Let me look around for you and see what I can find and I will get right back to ya!​

5. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
  6. ms.cluckling

Dec 20, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yup! I looked at pictures of the Welsummer eggs, and thats the one! Thanks, guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by