Egg in an egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by justsomeguync, Aug 6, 2011.

1. justsomeguync

justsomeguync Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2010
    I got an egg from one of my young Red Stars today that was a monster. Some started laying about two weeks ago, they were hatched about the beginning of April. I was trying to blow it out to save the shell, but it wasn't working very well. I ended up breaking the shell, and then saw what the problem was. There was a fully formed egg inside the larger egg.

How do I post an image on here? I thought I would click the Img button and it would open a dialog box to go looking for it, but no such luck.

2. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    If you are new you have to make a # of random posts before you can go to Uploads above on the options bar above, just above your name when logged in. You can upload pictures then copy and paste the url that is given when uploaded! Easy peasy! And I think someone just posted recently of an egg in an egg! CRAZY! We would LOVE to see yours!!! [​IMG]

3. dbounds10

dbounds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    You have to upload the image first. At the top in the blue bar there is a link called "uploads"

Once you upload it, you just copy and past the link it provides you.

4. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    LOL! Jinx!
    [​IMG]

5. justsomeguync

Oct 29, 2010
    [​IMG]

Hope this works.

6. justsomeguync

Oct 29, 2010
    It worked, thank you!

7. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia
    whoa...that's pretty cool. [​IMG]

8. TheLadyChickens

TheLadyChickens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    Williamston, MI
    Haha, omg! How is this possible! Genius! [​IMG] Wonder if we'll ever have this strange phenomena happen! I suppose its good luck lol

9. justsomeguync

Oct 29, 2010
    Quote:I can't think it is good luck for the hen. This was one of her first eggs.

10. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    New layers can produce some unusual eggs at first until they get into a more regular cycle. I once saw a video on youtube of an egg within an egg being cracked open.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by