Egg in Bra...moving but its day 24

shabby-rose

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 24, 2007
Its day 24 of my sons gf inubating an egg in her bra. Its day 24 and the chick is active but still not broken the air sack. any ideas...or should i leave it alone and see what happens?
thanks....

Last edited:
Seriously? Maybe I missed something here.

I would go ahead and keep gong till it stops moving. It needed to be at chicken temp for the duration of the incubation which is about 101 degrees F.

this isnt a joke there is really an egg in her bra.
a couple of years back a member of this board named loudi da or alike had 2 eggs in her bra and did infact hatch 2 chicks, but they only did live a couple of days.
we have been candling the egg daily and watching it grow, now we are waiting to see if it hatches.
we know the chick is alive and moving we can see it and she can feel it.

Humidity is important during the final part of incubation. Is there some way she could place a damp cloth near the egg. Last year on BYC Ezboard we had a fund raiser and several people attempted to hatch in their bra and a couple of guys hatched them on the body as well. Our body temp is low for hatching in the traditional 21 days so it does not surprise me that they are taking longer. I would not candle them any more. Keep them as warm as possible and get some extra humidity some way even if it is just for a while.

I had a broody emergency last fall and I had to take a couple of eggs after an early hatch and mama gave up. I did not have an incubator ready and I tried the Crock Pot having read about the electric skillet but the Crock Pot was way to hot. In desperation I placed them in my Bra till I could get the incubator up to temp. I ended up with them pippins while they were there. Both hatched later that day in the incubator.

Well, I must say that I've never heard of this technique for hatching chicks!
hu.gif

Last edited:
This can't be right...
ep.gif

Its day 24 of my sons gf inubating an egg in her bra.

Oh...sorry ..... I missed that gf means girlfriend. Duh. My age is showing, I just don't know some of the abreviations that often look like someone mistyped something!!​

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!!! ARE YOU FOR REAL????

ep.gif

I thought that I was crazy for incubating in a skillet! Do you sleep with the bra on for 21 days? How do you not crush it?
What about when you shower/bathe? Where do you put it then? Why not two eggs so you are not lop-sided?

lau.gif

lau.gif
OK I have had my laugh for the week and its only monday! LOL. I love this board, I learn so much. And have made many friends , Thanks for this wonderful post. way too funny.

Back
Top Bottom