Egg issues

NanaMidge

In the Brooder
May 15, 2020
My chicken are about 2 years old I have 4 of them we maybe get 2 a day. Does anybody know why. Last year we were getting 4 daily.

What breeds do you have?
Each breed lays differently.
I have Easter Eggers and each one will lay every other day or every third day but they are not high egg producers like some breeds.

Poor nutrition is the number one cause of poor laying. Poor health is another. If a hen has worms, for example, that will curtail laying.

If you are not feeding a well balanced commercial feed, your hens may not be getting enough nutrients to produce eggs at the rate they were a year ago. If you do feed a commercial feed but spoil them with too many treats, they may neglect their feed and could be suffering from malnutrition.

These are only guesses given that you have supplied so little information about your hens to give you more tailored advice.

My chicken are about 2 years old I have 4 of them we maybe get 2 a day. Does anybody know why. Last year we were getting 4 daily.
Knowing the breed might help.
Most chickens lay the most in their first year of laying.
After their first adult molt(in their second fall/winter) they may lay fewer but larger eggs.

Diet can have an affect.
What all and how exactly are you feeding?

Do you free range?

Back
Top Bottom