Egg layed after Wazine treatment.

chics in the sun

Songster
9 Years
Apr 1, 2010
St.Petersburg
Okay, some of you helped me out with figuring out I had two females a few weeks back
smile.png
, so I held a swap and my pigeon guy came with two males for me. I separated them into two pairs, and then two weeks later I put them all into the same coop. Unfortunately, I had to treat all my birds for worms with Wazine a week ago. Now one of the pairs has laid an egg. I know you can't eat chicken eggs after a Wazine treatment, but what about letting the pigeons set on the eggs they lay after the treatment? Should I take it out and get them to start over in another week? Thanks again for all the advice!

I think it should be fine as long as your not going to eat the squabs within two weeks of them being hatched. Honestly I think the only reason you can eat the eggs or meat of a treated animal is because it's not FDA approved for humans. here's a link http://www.drugs.com/vet/wazine-34.html at the bottom of the page is the number for FLEMING LABORATORIES who makes wazine.

Well, Charles is apparently a skirt-chasing dead-beat Dad. I candled one egg and it looked like it was developing. A few days later I was trying to do some things in the coop and Charles and the other female got out. I wasn't that worried, as Chales has a clutch and Maddison goes out and comes back all the time. I don't know if he chased her too far and they got lost or something got them, as neither have returned. I guess Amelia decided she wasn't up for the challenge of being a single mother and has abandoned the nest now. Too much drama in my pigeon world!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom