egg layed without shell!!!!!

amirfarmer

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 9, 2013
toaday i went to my chicken coop to turn on the heat lamp for my hens..... I saw that a broken egg with out any shell ...it was like someone broke an egg and throw it their....the time was 8 pm .... i am **** sure it was layed recently ....but there was no insects and if was layed in day...than why didnt the hens ate...AS I TURN ON the bulb the hens came down from the wooden stand and started to ear itttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE IMPORTANT POINT IS THAT WHERE THE EGG WAS PRESENT A HEN WAS SITTING STRAIGHT UP TO WODDEN STICK * PICTURE FOR U

10. Shell less eggs. A shell less consists of a yolk, albumen and membrane, but has no shell at all. The egg contents are protected by the outer membrane only. These are often seen in pullets coming into lay. Causes are:

- Immature shell gland (young layer);

- Nutritional deficiency, usually lack of calcium and vitamins E, B12 and D as well as phosphorous and selenium;

- Certain diseases, such as Newcastle disease, infectious bronchitis, avian influenza, egg drop syndrome;

- Exposure to very high temperatures and extremely high or low humidity levels;

- An infestation of internal or external parasites, such as worms, mites or lice;

- Stress prompting the hen to lay an egg prematurely, before the shell is formed;

- Egg laying while molting;

- Exposure to toxins, such as mold, fungi, bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom