egg laying question..?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pefferlawchicken, Sep 6, 2009.

1. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    I have two 20 week old hens that are very big full wattles bright pink, and they are still not laying is their anyway to help tell when they will lay or how to help make them lay they are both on layer feed.

Also i just bought two hens from the farmers market yesterday and the guy said the banty OEGB was already laying so i can belive it because her wattles are bright pink same as her comb, so along with our other new bird , buff oprinton they are all getting alon but no eggs so what can i do? they sleep in the dark at night and are let outside at about 11 am so what can i do to promote laying.

2. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    anyone...

3. Hippie Chickie

Hippie Chickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Port Orchard
    For the 2 20 weekers the only thing that will help them is time. With the 2 you just got at auction it may take a few days before they lay again due to being in a new place. I know not the answer you were looking for!

4. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    From my experience you just have to wait for nature to take its course I did notice my girls faces getting redder so I know thats a sign when there ready they will lay. I got my first egg yetsreday [​IMG] 18 week old bantams. I thought i was never gunna get an egg!!!! Soon for you I hope

5. Country4ever

Country4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    I agree, you need just a tincture of time. But you might try putting a couple golfballs in the nesting box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by