Egg laying

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Welshies, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Welshies

Welshies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    They are done all their molting FOR SURE, but haven't laid any eggs. They've been molted into their total adult plumage for 2 weeks now. The sun rises at 6;45 and sets around 9;20.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They have their own time table so may take a week or 2 more before eggs start back..

3. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

I believe Welshies Ducks are this springs hatch...In my opinion they may not lay in Alberta till February? I always start raising Ducklings in March...He may get some in November depending on his set up?

4. Welshies

Welshies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    February??? What? That's the middle of winter here! Our winter starts October-Novemberish, ends April-Mayish.
    Btw, I'm a girl... and so far my ducks have been doing fine, they are March babies, and are definitely more than old enough to lay.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have Muscovy which are seasonal layers so they are through for the year and this past spring we hatched[or our Muscovy's hatched] Runners and Buffs they are just a tad over 4 months and have just started to lay out of 8 females 2 are laying so far. So If yours are 6 months and you still have that much light you may still get some eggs before winter. Patience is the key with ducks. They have their own timetable. Just make sure they are getting a good balanced diet with plenty of calcium.

6. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Did not mean to Ruffle Feathers...No pun intended...
    What happens with the Ducklings I raise and my friends Ducks, This is when her hens lay eggs......February they really get going and keep on till about June....A break....More eggs around November..She is an old school duck breeder...Three years I have helped her and she is always like clock work...
    Sorry....Your a girl...Good to know...

Enjoy....We all post what works for us...I guess that is not the case for you...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by