Egg laying

PetraRobb

In the Brooder
May 21, 2018
Sacramento, California
I have a 7 month old buff Orpington who started laying about 6-7 weeks ago. Regular as clockwork, an egg a day. The last week however, not a single one. Do I need to be worried?

They are on a laying crumble with oyster. They also love some fruits and veggies in the morning as well as meal worms.

I have a 7 month old buff Orpington who started laying about 6-7 weeks ago. Regular as clockwork, an egg a day. The last week however, not a single one. Do I need to be worried?

They are on a laying crumble with oyster. They also love some fruits and veggies in the morning as well as meal worms.
Has anything changed in the last week? Weather, new things around the coop. How secure is your coop? You might have a snake problem. Any chance she could have a secret nest?
Does she look and act healthy? Is she eating, and are her poops normal?

Has anything changed in the last week? Weather, new things around the coop. How secure is your coop? You might have a snake problem. Any chance she could have a secret nest?
Does she look and act healthy? Is she eating, and are her poops normal?
Nothing has really changed in the last week that I can tell. She looks and acts normal, eats fine. The only strange thing is that I thought she was brooding but every time I go to check her out there’s nothing there.

This time of year molting is common , if you see lots of fluffy feathers on the ground that could be it.

I’d also suggest giving the treats/fruits in the afternoon or evening after she’s had time to get her fill of the layer feed which she needs to lay you eggs :)

I wouldn’t worry , give her time

Nothing has really changed in the last week that I can tell. She looks and acts normal, eats fine. The only strange thing is that I thought she was brooding but every time I go to check her out there’s nothing there.
If she's acting normal it's not a health issue. So there's that as comfort. It could be the time of the year. I doubt it's a molt only because of her age, otherwise that would have been my first guess.

Back
Top Bottom