egg looks "funny" at day 10

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by laughingllama75, Mar 16, 2008.

1. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Hi All,
    I have 2 eggs out of 12 that look weird to me....when I candle them, they look like there is water inside. there is a "chick" and lots of veining, but the other 6 fertile eggs do not look like this....they have a "chick" and veining but dont wiggle. 4 others are bad, by the looks. One is real porous, the others have the bacteria rings. Should I pitch the watery looking ones or give them more time? Any ideas?
    Alicia

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    If they were mine and not seeping or smelling I would wait to day 14 when you candle to toss them, if still not sure give them to day 18...was always afraid I was tossing a good egg since I was not a great candler at first....

3. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    Are they shipped eggs? I have candled shipped egg that seemed sloshier than usual, and my understanding is that its a ruptured air cell.

4. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Yes, they are shipped eggs. Sorry, forgot to mention that earlier. I am so afraid of an egg blowout/blowup that it is making me nervous. I guess I will leave them in till day 14 though.........

5. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    i had bad eggs like that but i left em in till day 21 and no mess or blowups [​IMG] [​IMG] guess i was lucky i guess

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by